Fort Worth, TX | Contract to Hire
AtWork is currently looking for a General Accountant to join our clients team!!
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing General Accounting tasks required to complete financial statements and related reports required on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Responsible for the orderly accumulation of relevant financial data necessary to provide management with accurate information regarding financial performance, cash flow, and other key metrics. In addition, this position will be responsible for routine and ad-hoc financial reports and analyses requested by management, as well as Accounts Receivable and other general accounting tasks. Adherence to GAAP is fundamental as is maintaining confidentiality of information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Streamline, organize, and maintain records of all accounts receivable tasks, including deposits, cash application, and collection efforts,.
- Assess and implement general accounting procedures and methods.
- Identify and implements enhancements to general accounting areas such as Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Month-End Close.
- Develop/enhance methods/reports for tracking accruals, prepaid expenses, amortization, and other routine reports.
- Work across functional boundaries to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Participate in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the Company.
- Examine and review Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts, effectively reconciling to sub ledgers.
- Responsible for Month-End task including but not limited to Journal Entries, Account Reconciliations, and generating Financial Statements.
- Responsible for Bank Reconciliations.
- Responsible for preparing various reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for presentation to Directors, Management, and Operations.
- Responsible for coordinating with outside accountants for annual financial review.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable, including payment applications, collections, and reporting.
JOB TITLE: General Accountant
- Ability to perform other Accounting duties as backup and/or primary role including, but not limited to, Payroll, Commissions, Licensing, Accounts Payable, and Program Tracking.
- Other duties as assigned by Controller.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related subject; 3 - 5 or years of relevant experience in a manufacturing accounting environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience; thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles and GAAP.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts and lease agreements. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to accurately calculate various financial ratios.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. Ability to prioritize workload to allow for timely completion of tasks. Problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level. The ability to work independently, possess excellent analytical skills and enjoy detail-oriented work. Excellent PC/system skills. Proficient in MS Excel. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Good business sense.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.