La Palma, CA | Full Time Temp to Hire
Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager Accounting Department. This candidate will have the opportunity to work and expand his/her exposure to distribution, wholesale, and retail. Candidate will be performing full-cycle accounting duties.
- Work Experience: 2 - 4 years' full-time experience working as an accountant. Preferred (but not required) prior work experience in distribution, apparel, or retail.
- Technical Knowledge: Advanced knowledge in Excel; Proficiency with ERP system.
- Accounting Knowledge: Good understanding of relationship and components of the accounting cycle: journal, ledger, trial balance, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement
- Communication Skills: Good communication skills. Able to work independently and also with a team.
- Perform basic accounting functions such as payments, invoicing, journal entries.
- Bank reconciliation
- Participate in month-end closing process
- Participate in preparation of periodical sales reports and financial reports
- Knowledge of Inventory preferred, but not required.
- Chargebacks experience a plus
- Knowledge of depreciation preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of adjustment journal entries helpful, but not required