Breakfast Cook Princeton NJ
Princeton, NJ | Temp-Hire
Excellent Opportunity for experienced Cook/Chef in five star hotel. Need is immediate. Apply today!
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
- Prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items
- Arrange sauces and supplementary garnishes for allocated station
- Cover, date and correctly store all bits and pieces and food prep items
- Notify Chef in advance of likely shortages
- Serve menu items compliant with established standards
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area at all times
- Keep the work area fresh all through the shift
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Kitchen Manager / Chef / Manager or supervisor-on-duty
- Report to the Hotel Manager or Food & Beverage Manager.