Las Vegas, NV | Direct Hire
We are looking for a Buyer/Planner III to join a dynamic team!
This individual will be responsible for supporting initiatives driving results measured by lower materials costs, more responsive supplier performance, process and service improvements, and productivity throughout the supply chain. They will be working with other Manufacturing Management to ensure raw materials are available to meet Manufacturing’s needs and will also plan, direct, and/or coordinate the established activities of Buyer/Planners in purchasing materials, products, and services.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for supporting manufacturing operations with sound and accurate purchasing schedules on a regular basis.
- Takes the lead role in working to establish sound and effective purchasing strategies.
- Works with Product Development, R&D and Manufacturing to find new and /or alternate raw materials to meet the customer needs.
- Along with Management’s direction, updates and maintains ERP database (PRONTO) within the MRP system for accuracy of pricing and specifications.
- Assumes the lead negotiator role in purchasing plans. Responsibilities include initiating, directing and maintaining both short and long-term schedules.
- Maintains, updates and follows purchasing procedures to comply within the company’s regulatory guidelines and corporate policies at all times. This includes thorough analysis of all qualified suppliers with an annual review of costs, quality, delivery, and other pertinent factors.
- Drive productivity annually through supplier cost reductions, resources, or similar means and measures.
- Leads the team in driving annual standard cost of components.
- Research and resolve root cause of chronic part/source delivery or quality problems.
- Manage vendor agreements with the Annual Review plan to qualify renewal.
- Assists in setting inventory goals for the various product lines.
- Assist in Departmental projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain management, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 3-5+ years of related experience negotiating, vendor management, and cost analysis.
- Gaming experience preferred.
- Pronto or related computer software experience preferred.