CAD, CNC, Steel Rule Die Maker, Engineer
Detroit, MI | Full Time
Location: Detroit Michigan
As a steel rule die maker you will be responsible for designing, making and inventorying dies, machine tools, cutting tools, gauges, and other tools used in manufacturing dies for carton, paper-board cutting, folding, glueing and finishing processes.
- Creative problem solver with an ability to work with customers to provide input in design that optimizes cost and on-time delivery.
- Create prototype samples for customer evaluation and end product design.
- Blue print reading
- Operate CimPACK - CIMEX cad, Gerber profile CNC cutter, Adams Rule Processor SDS Easy bender rule processor, plotter and operate other shop equipment as may be required.
- Work with cutting tools, dies, or even whole machine tools used to manufacture, hold, or test products during their fabrication.
- Precision is key in die making; understanding how an optimum design impacts machine speed and quality and end user result. Further, dies must be designed for efficient production and to create the product beauty every customer expects. This includes proper die lines for clearances, edges, cuts, scores, trim lines, embossing, deboss, stamping and other design qualities necessary to produce parts accurately.
Production Continuous Improvement Input:
- Work with die-cut operators and plant production teams to diagnose design and production problems and discover design opportunities.
- Understanding design to make efficient dies and support processes and procedures for production.
- Support a production environment with time sensitive customer commitment.
Successful candidate must be able to use a computer and basic power and hand tools to precisely cut, bend and assemble steel rule to fabricate paper cutting dies. Must be able to follow written and oral directions.
Successful completion of assessments including mechanical aptitude test, background check and drug test are required.
- CAD, CNC operation
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Customer relationship experience.
- Previous experience within tool and die making
Years of experience 5+, steel rule die experience, interest in leadership or developing leadership role in an expanding department.
KEY words, die maker, cad prototype, cimex machine, steel rule die, packaging, creative, MSU, Print knowledge and experience a plus. CAD software, Gerber, automated cutting equipment, shop equipment and tools.
Familiarity with Bobst, Heidelberg, and/or Thompson platen die cutting equipment desired.
- Prior steel rule die experience in a production environment
- U.S. First robotics team leader
- Any 3D cad experience
- 5 years experience
- Ability to stand on feet for hours at a time
- Be able to lift, push, and /or pull up to 50 pounds
- Written and communication skills
Please send resume's to email@example.com or call for more information (586)204-2136