Tyler, TX | TEMP TO HIRE
At Work Group is seeking a highly motivated CDL Driver Class A for growing beverage distribution company in the Tyler area.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: Day shift, Monday - Friday
Hours: 530am- When routes are completed
Rate of Pay: $14.00 per hour
Route Driver is responsible for operating a Straight truck to deliver products to customers in an assigned route. The position involves delivering product accounting and other functions involved in servicing a variety of customers.
- Deliver product to customers in an efficient, timely, courteous and accurate manner.
- Ensure sufficient route inventory levels to meet customer demands while adhering to account inventory control and company distribution procedures.
- Submit all customer paperwork and deposits daily; including invoices, load orders, and handheld reports.
- Maintain proper handheld records for all accounts.
- Load or unload cases of product manually with hook, handcart or pallet-jack onto and off the truck. Ensure load is properly secured. Collect empty cases.
- Must be able to complete assigned route within DOT time regulations.
- Maintain a valid Class A CDL and current DOT medical card. Per Company and/or DOT regulations, report any moving violations to management immediately
- Checks load security prior to travel and at each stop, making adjustments when needed.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to drive, stand, walk, kneel, lift and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Balance - pulling product, climb in and out of truck. Ability to lift and/or move up to six cases on hand truck. (Cases weigh 20 to 55 lbs.)
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environment with moderate noise, sometimes slippery floors. Temperature range from 34-120 degrees F.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have at least 6 months of CDL driving experience.
- Must have a clean driving record.Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Job Type: Full-time