Commercial Insurance -Customer Service Rep
Hamilton, NJ | Possible Temp to Hire
ATWORK has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative with our client (newly started an independent insurance agency) in their Hamilton, NJ location. As a member of our client’s customer service team, you will utilize your experience to provide the highest level of customer service while following policies, procedures, and best practices. A highly motivated, team player would have an excellent opportunity for career growth and possible advancement. If you are looking to take that next step in your career with privately owned independent insurance agency in central Jersey area, please apply now.
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities
- Process changes, renewals, and maintaining updated and accurate records
- Track return of renewal questionnaires and coordinate accurate and timely entry of data
- The individual in this role will be a part of our call center environment. This role will answer incoming calls handling billing and policy inquiries from our members with a goal of first call resolution.
- Provide first level customer service for commercial customers including sub agents and contract holders/policyholders.
- Respond to all questions and provides service in accordance with established procedures and best practices.
- Perform outbound calls and follow-up work as required to process customer requests.
- Answer all questions and provide explanations regarding service requests and coverage for commercial policies, limits and deductibles considering customer needs as well as company guidelines.
- Process changes, reinstatements and cancellations for all types of commercial policies; provides quotation and binds coverage within prescribed limits.
- Handle agent and policyholder correspondence and related paperwork.
- Timely issuance of certificate of insurance, evidence of insurance and other documents as to ensure proof of insurability.
- Follow up for necessary documents and payments to process customer requests.
- Maintain a consistent quality and quantity of work at prescribed standards.
- Identify and prioritize own work per prescribed standards.
- Maintain working knowledge of state-specific processing procedures, all processing systems, credit and collections procedures, pricing guidelines and eligibility and team concepts.
- Ability to operate personal computer and related processing systems, fax, scanner, email, phone headset and other business equipment.
- Maintain and coordinate open items with service providers
- Bookmarking of policies and Assistance with mailings
- Handle institution requests and Vendor servicing
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Hold an active NJ State Resident Property & Casualty Insurance license. (Only individuals with a license and experience will be considered) – MUST REQUIRED
- A professional phone and in-person presence.
- Proven customer service experience
- Be hard-working, dependable, and self-motivated with a great attitude.
- Ability to research and problem solve
- Strong communication Skill and ability to multi task
- Quick learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must Maintain Insurance CE requirements.
- Must be able to move quickly and accurately from one task to another
- Excellent time management and organization
- Operating Knowledge of agency management system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Command of verbal and written communication skills to interact with sub agents, policyholders, insurer, third parties and insurance departments via the telephone or email system on a constant basis.
- 2+ years customer service experience in the insurance industry
- Working knowledge of Property, Casualty, and Professional Liability insurance policies
- Know insurance coverage’s and how to explain them to customers.
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.