Houlton, TX | 3-6 Month contract
Our client has a growing construction business and seeks experienced Commercial Carpenters. Typically, they will build and remodel commercial buildings. Some specialization in working with light-gauge and load-bearing steel framing for interior partitions, exterior framing, and curtain wall construction, concrete forming systems and finishing interior and exterior walls, partitions, and ceilings. This position is located in Bryan, TX.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Construct forms or chutes for pouring concrete.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, and power tools.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- 3- or 4-year apprenticeship program preferred but not required
- OSHA 10- and 30 certified
- 3+ years' experience in the carpentry trade
- Able to work well on a team
- Capable of lifting and carrying a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills for carpentry installation, maintenance and repairs
- Strong interpersonal communication skills