Construction Project Manager
Houston, (none selected) | Full Time
A large international commercial company is looking for a Construction Project Manager to help oversee commercial construction projects in the Houston area for their company.
- Pre-construction management, planning, scheduling and budgeting
- Construction management
- Contract and subcontract management
- Field personnel and subcontractor management
- Set up and conduct a pre-construction meeting with the General Contractor (GC), Management, and other required personnel
- Provide all necessary documents to both the Contractor and management for review at the pre-construction meeting.
- Review and maintain documentation, tracking, and expediting. Monitor back orders, damages and missing product.
- Manage the cost, schedule and quality of the project as set forth by company standards and specifications.
- Provide written status reports detailing items, issues communication issues, change orders for review, and project compliance
- Weekly meetings with management and GC to review the previous week's status report to check follow up.
- Work closely with GC to insure work hours, safety, staging, attire and other policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Maintain a neutral position in dealing with issues and come up with solutions that obtain the common objectives while always considering the guest first and foremost.
- All invoices, change orders, pay applications or any other documentation regarding the renovation should come to the Project Manager for approval.
- Must have a 4-year degree in either Construction Management, Engineering, or a related technical field
- Minimum of 15 years' experience managing hotel commercial construction projects
- Must have experience working with general contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and other project personnel
- Must have strong understanding of the construction bid & evaluation processes
- Must have Project experience, valued between $50 Million â€“ $200 Million
- Strong communication & presentation skills are a must (both verbal and written)
- Bilingual speaking ability in English and Mandarin is a plus
- OSHA-30 Certification is required
- Full Benefits