Cook/ Kitchen Helper
Hoschton, GA | Part Time
Our customer is a new restaurant in the area looking for a dependable, motivated, team player and energetic candidate to be a general kitchen helper in job areas where assigned. The position would reports directly to the Chef.
- Loads and unloads materials and assists in all food areas where assigned.
- Chopped vegetables and fruits as required and assisted.
- Safely operates mixers, ovens, choppers, shredders, steamers, grills, grinders, steam kettles, fry kettles and other food service related equipment when directed.Carries tools and equipment to and from storage and working areas.
- Assists in preliminary preparation of meals and in meal preparation as directed.
- Cleans tables, washes dishes, and performs other general and assigned cleaning tasks.
- Assists in other food operations as needed.
Prior work or cooking experience desired. Employee must rapidly become familiar with and practice proper food handling, sanitation, safety precautions, and personal hygiene, as well as the care and use of a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment. Poor habits in any of these areas will likely lead to refusal to hire or immediate dismissal.
As a Kitchen Helper / Food Prep, you must be able to work in a team-oriented environment. You must be able to communicate well with management and fellow employees. Ideal candidates will have a positive attitude and previous kitchen experience.
Other requirements include:
- High school diploma
- Must be willing to submit to drug screen and background checks
- Needs to be able to work 30 hours per week, Tuesday - Saturday 11:00am - 5:30pm
- Ability to provide 2 positive work references
Since 1992, AtWork has built its core foundation around meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of its clients and employees. AtWork candidates are interviewed, screened, counseled, and evaluated for the skills that ensure the best possible match to our clients. Quite simply, we are AtWork for you!