Diesel Truck Mechanic
San Antonio, TX | Full Time Temp to Hire
Medium and heavy duty diesel truck repair facility that has been in business since 1976, We work on most all makes/models such as International, Volvo, Western Star, Freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbuilt, Ford, UD, Hlno, and Isuzu, our engine work includes: Cummins, CAT, Navistar, Volvo, and Detroit. We are also a fully Independent operating machine shop that includes resurfacing, honing, and boring. Our customers range from large fleets to the individual owner/operator. Looking for a full-time mechanic to add to our staff.
Job consists of physical diagnostics and electronic diagnostics. Physically you must be to diagnose what is wrong with the vehicle and be able to repair it. Electronic diagnostics Involves using laptop and engine software, ability to read and interpret codes, and solve the problem using the codes.
Types of repairs include: Air condition repair, clutches, electrical, brakes, engine work, transmission, turbos, batteries, starters, alternators, DPF replacement, regens, oil changes, mudflaps, lights, tires, wipers. We are a DOT and STATE inspection station. We also offer trailer work such as brake jobs, adjusting brakes, PMs, replacing broken wheel lugs and hubcap seals, and greasing chassis.
• Diagnose vehicle problems and check engine lights using laptop and engine software
• Ability to read and Interpret codes
• Identify parts that need replacing, work with Parts Department in requesting parts
• Perform routine vehicle maintenance
• Perform quality inspectlons_prior to returning vehicle to customer
• Perform various repairs listed above
• Previous experience as a diesel mechanic, preferably two (2) or more years, at a repair facility
• Must have own basic tools
• Must have a tool box
• Special tools are provided by Company
• Knowledge of day-to-day shop equipment, air hoses, forklift, hoists, jacks, etc.
• Troubleshooting skills
• Ability to thrive In • fast-paced and deadline-oriented schedule
• Physicality: Must be able to lift objects that are SO pounds are more
• Physicality: Must be able to stand and/or move about up to ten (10) hours per day
• Physicality; Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach
• Must have a current and valid Texas driver's license with clean driving record
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check
• Must be able to pass a drug test and submit to random drug tests throughout employment
• Must be able to pass a physical
• Monday- Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with a 30 minute lunch break
• Occasional Saturdays; If yes, 8:00am to J.2:00pm
• Pay Rate: $20,00 per regular hour; $30.00 per overtime hour (If all requirements are met. If we find an applicant with some but not all requirements, we would be in the pay range of $17-18 per hour.)
apply at www.applyatwork.com select TX- San Antonio North and call us at 210-587-7010