Director of Workforce Development
Metairie, LA | Direct Hire
Atwork Personnel is seeking a Director of Workforce Development for a client in the Greater New Orleans area. This position requires Social Work experience.
This position is responsible for development, planning, execution and supervision of the day to day activities of the workforce development team in an organization committed to helping individuals to succeed despite daily life challenges.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for program development including the identification of policy needs, clarification, and or revisions for all case managers.
2. Participate in the determination of organizational policies regarding issues such as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits for all programs.
3. Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet Agency Objective objectives set by the Vice President.
4. Responsible for direct supervision of staff work flow and productivity to achieve key department process and outcome indicators.
5. Recruit, interview, hire and supervise all support staff and interns.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with other social service agencies and organizations in the community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
7. Provides professional supervision through review of cases to assist and guide case managements staff in the use of social work methodologies and in developing skills in work with clients, families, client groups, and ex-offender population.
8. Plan, organize and implement various social work services for clients in all Workforce Development programs.
9. Coordinate the activities of case management services with other departments within Workforce Development and in the community.
10. Provide technical assistance and consultation to case management staff and coordinates programmatic and client services needs with other social service agencies.
11. Identify and review training needs of staff; coordinate technical assistance trainings on an as needed basis.
12. Facilitates and fosters collaborative relationships between organization and other providers.
13. Monitor department budget.
14. Ensures that the application of all quality assurance standards are met.
15. Comply with all state, federal and regulatory and reporting requirements in a timely, professional manner.
16. Responsible for the continual professional growth of client services staff.
17. Develops or assists in the development of additional community resources identified by needs assessment or other communications within the community.
18. Performs other duties as required by the Vice President of organization.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have substantial knowledge of professional case management protocols.
2. Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to complete projects efficiently and independently.
3. Must have strong communication skills including verbal, phone, word processing, email and internet.
4. Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, data bases, financial spreadsheets and internet search engines.
5. Must have good public relations and conflict resolution skills and the ability to work with mangers, employees, partners and the public.
6. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, all personnel.
7. Must have critical thinking skills and strong analytical abilities.
8. Must have extensive knowledge of the legal requirements for case management, WIA regulations, ITA’s and other programmatic components required of social services agencies.
9. Must be able to work occasionally long or extended hour, including weekends.
10. Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
11. Must maintain strict confidentiality of all information.
12. Must be able to travel throughout Southeastern Louisiana 30% of the time, including limited overnight trips.
13. Able to organize and manage many projects simultaneously
1. MA degree in Social Work
2. 10 years Case Management Experience with 5 years in a management capacity.
3. Experience in the adult workforce development system.
4. Significant staff supervision experience.
5. Experience writing and managing grants.
6. A track record of successful project management.
7. Current license with no current or past sanctions.
8. Must provide own transportation.
Since 1992, AtWork has built its core foundation around meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of its clients and employees. AtWork candidates are interviewed, screened, counseled, and evaluated for the skills that ensure the best possible match to our clients. Quite simply, we are AtWork for you!
If you are interested and qualified, please apply online at www.applyatwork.com