Wilmington, DE | Direct Hire
Our client is a leading manufacturer of building products, currently seeking an Electrical Supervisor to join our team.
We are pleased to offer this permanent placement opportunity with competitive compensation and benefits, a fast-paced and challenging workplace, and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
- Manages electrical projects from conception and design to commissioning. Typical projects would include upgrades and improvements to electrical systems that support production enhancements of safety, quality or quantity.
- Provides first-line supervision, technical assistance and training to journey-level industrial electricians and electronics technician.
- Executes plans to address cost reduction, equipment installation, optimizing utilities and energy consumption and other items to keep the plant running smoothly and generate measureable benefits to the plant operation.
- Troubleshooting equipment operating issues and recommending short-term and longer term resolutions.
- Identifying root causes and recommending the appropriate corrective actions proactively.
- Participates in the selection and training of personnel engaged in the design, installation, testing, calibration, maintenance and repair of electrical, instrumentation, electronic control s and related equipment and machinery.
- Schedules and coordinates activities with other departments and divisions.
- Responds to emergency situations as necessary.
- Requisitions necessary tools, equipment and supplies.
- Researches new operational methods, techniques and equipment and recommends their application.
- Updating electrical drawings in AutoCAD
- Enforces proper safety procedures; educates employees on rules, regulations, codes, safe work habits and potential hazards presented by their work environment.
- Plans and oversees the testing of electrical and electronic equipment and devices on a scheduled basis.
- Develops, reviews, and updates maintenance instructions and schedules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Subject to 24-hour on-call and weekend work.
Required Skills/Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Knowledge of DCS systems to include Allen Bradley Drives, Relay Logic, and PLCs
- Maintenance Supervision or Management experience
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting along with proven track record of measurable results.
- A high-speed continuous process manufacturing background preferred
- Sound knowledge of TPM methodology
- Project management experience from inception, planning to completion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation), with the ability to effectively work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to handle complex assignments with a proactive attitude
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Auto-cad and Microsoft Office tools.
Please apply in confidence outlining your skills, experience and education. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.