Sterling Heights, MI | Contract to Hire
The Maintenance Worker will perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on Distribution Center building. Assists in various maintenance and warehouse department functions and tasks and assists the Warehouse Worker/Maintenance in the performance of various duties. Performs variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting , carpentry , HAVAC , minor electrical , or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing the building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform routine, repetitive daily inspection and maintenance necessary to building exterior/interior
- Assists and performs semiskilled tasks of a general nature in connection with maintenance, repair and construction tasks in the upkeep of the Distribution Center building
- Assists and performs with installation, maintenance, repair and construction work in the basic building maintenance trades, such as carpentry , painting , electrical , plumbing , locksmith , carpet , and HVAC
- Assists and performs functions in the construction, installation and maintenance of cielings, furniture, , cabinets, shelving, marker boards/chalkboards, tack boards and a variety of other structures and items
- Perform general grounds keeping on a daily basis; inspect outside of Distribution Center areas, insure disposal areas are kept clean and in a safe condition
- Prepares and paints walls and woodwork or performs other types of refinish; installs or repairs carpet; performs custodial duties as required
- Maintains accurate records of preventative maintenance schedules, and MSDS sheets.
- May perform weekly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment for the patrons of the facility and to eliminate all hazards
- Knowledge of manual and electrical hand tools
- Knowledge of carpentry tools and material
- Knowledge of HVAC tools and materials
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and standard safety procedures
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- 5 years combined of related employment in the areas of carpentry and HVAC
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment with exposure to weather extremes
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity to handle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspects of this position If this position requires lifting of 10lbs or more please specify
- This position is a temporary to permanent position. Meaning that you will be employed through a staffing agency for your first 90 days before being offered a permanent position with this company.
- Hours are Monday thru Friday typical 8a-5p
- Compensation ranges depending on experience 18-25$ per hour
- This position offers full benefits package with 2 weeks paid vacation
- Location is at 18 ½ and VanDyke In Sterling Heights MI
Salary: $18.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Must have practical experience in HVAC
-Must have practical carpentry experience.