Sterling Heights, MI
2nd shift Shipping/Receiving Hi-lo driver (Propane).
Location ( 18 1/2 Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI.
Compensation: 9.25 per hour+1.25 shift premium=10.50 per hour (1.00 raise after 90days)
-Monthly Bonus Incentive
-Medical Benefits Available after 6 months
MUST have previous Forklift / Hilo experience
MUST be able to submit to a background check & drug screen
Must have experience lifting "racks"
Forklift Operator job summary
Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets and crates
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- May be required to use RF scanner gun
- Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license may be required
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
Must be able to pass a background check.