Grand Island Packagers
Grand Island, NY
Grand Island Company seeking reliable people to work in their packaging department on the 2nd and 3rd shift.
2nd shift Pays: $11.00
3rd shift Pays: $11.25
The primary responsibilities of the position include:.
- Performs visual inspection of labeled vials, lot numbers, expiration dates, inserts, trays, partitions, over packs, packing and palletizing over pack
- Will work on assembly lines with high speed equipment
- Assures that the packaged product meets all [100%] of specifications
- Responsible for complying with all SOPs and cGMPs
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment and strives to meet daily goals
- Makes minor adjustments and assists with changeover and set-up to equipment, as necessary
- Assures the correct set-up and operation of all packaging equipment except the Labeler
- Performs and documents line clearances before and after the running of a Lot of product
- Assures a safe working environment and wears appropriate safety equipment/apparel at all times as well as alerting the supervisor to unsafe conditions in the department
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Works overtime as needed
Specific Skills and/or knowledge, credentials, or professional certifications include:
1. High School diploma or GED required
2. Must be capable of listing up to 40lbs of various packaging/inspection materials and equipment
3. Must be able to perform repetitive work with machinery, which typically produces anywhere from 150-400 units per minute
4. Must have ability to focus on details for periods of time [i.e. visual inspection, labeling]
5. Must be capable of moving pallets of material with manual and battery operated pallet jacks
MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION as this position is not accessible via bus route.