Winston Salem, NC | Full Time
A Winston-Salem company is looking for an installer tech with some mechanical skills.
This position will need to be able to travel on most weekends.
The Installation Tech delivers, uncrates, assembles and sets and levels in place commercial kitchen equipment at customer locations as per pre-arranged schedule. They will Work with general contractors and support departments to complete installation in a timely manner.
- Strong Mechanical skills are required
- Basic familiarity with reading blueprints, schematics and Original Manufacturer equipment manuals.
- Flexible with schedule to allow company to meet customer needs – overtime and weekends may occasionally be necessary and required. Ability to travel as necessary for several weeks consecutively.
- Clean driving record and background.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task
- Critical thinking and problem-solving
- Customer Service oriented attitude, client management and rapport-building skills
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs on a regular and frequent basis
- General knowledge in Plumbing, Electrical and basic codes
- Strong computer skills and mobile device knowledge
- HS Diploma/GED
- 5 – 10 years of experience in general commercial construction or installing equipment, particularly food service equipment
- Install kitchen equipment and communicate on job progress.
- Ensure equipment is properly secured in place and inspect installation with both contractor and customer.
- Read work orders, load tools and equipment needed for installation and secure items in co. truck, showing proper care and treatment of all company-issued equipment and tools.
- Inspect and clean truck daily, submit daily paperwork on time.
- Ensure all work documented for installation is accurately and fully completed by recording job progress, logging hours to the appropriate job, taking photos of completed installation or job progress.
- Track expenses incurred during job project consistently and accurately, according to operating procedures.
- Attend required Safety and Product Training, and adhere to all Safety Standards.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Requires standing, sitting, walking, stooping, climbing, kneeling, crawling, squatting, bending, twisting, balancing and typing.
- Lifting up to 75lbs including pulling, pushing and carrying.
- Warehouse environment requires steel-toe footwear
- Safety Glasses
- Hard Hat
- Safety Vest
- 30-hr OSHA Training
- Fall Protection Training
- Certifications – lull, scissor, fork, telescoping boom truck
- Red Cross Certification
- Yearly DOT Physical
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $19.00 /hour