Machine Operator (Second Shift)
Winston Salem, NC | Full Time
A Winston-Salem company is looking for an employee willing to work second shift to work as a machine operator.
The employee will need to be mechanically inclined and will have an opportunity to earn more and grow with the company.
The employee will need to train during first shift (8 AM-5 PM) and then transition to the second shift time slot (4:30 PM-3 AM).
The candidate will be trained with the purpose of being able to eventually work as a screw machine operator. Typically candidates who complete the training will receive an increase in pay.
Initially, employee will use secondary equipment, including a tapping machine and a cross driller machine.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Mechanical background and knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiarity with blueprints.
- Familiarity with using gauges and micrometers.
- Familiarity with how to operate hand tools.
- Must be able to stand throughout an eight (8) to twelve (12) hour shift.
- Must be able to bend forward, stretching forward, reaching into machine as needed to perform aforementioned job duties.
- Visual acuity to read micrometers, inspect small parts, and adjust tooling.
- Must be able to lift up to forty (40) lbs, ten (10) times throughout an eight (8) hour shift.
- Occasional lifting up to seventy-five (75) lbs. may be necessary.