Maintenance Mechanic (Food Production)
Henderson, NV | Full Time Temp to Hire
Duties require troubleshooting/repairing mechanical, pneumatic, electrical/electronically controlled production equipment, pumps motors, code daters and high speed packaging equipment. Will perform preventative maintenance on equipment on a specified schedule. Will record, repair and enter preventative maintenance data into a computerized maintenance management system for future troubleshooting use.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Obtains maintenance work orders from maintenance planner.
- Responds to maintenance machine repair calls when equipment is down.
- Trouble shoots problems and repairs equipment as necessary
- Monitors equipment throughout production run to ensure operation is within process parameters
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections and performs necessary repairs as necessary
- Communicates and works cooperatively with co-workers and operators to ensure that machinery issues are identified and corrected
- Performs daily housekeeping chores
- Works safely and performs daily safety checks on all equipment
- Works on assigned machinery rebuild projects as necessary
- Enters maintenance and preventative maintenance records in a computerized maintenance
management system (CMMS)
- Performs building maintenance projects as assigned
- Responsible for recognizing and reporting food safety and employee safety issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
**EXPERIENCE WITH FOOD MANUFACTURING MACHINES or EQUIVALENT REQUIRED
Works individually and in teams with little supervision. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical as mistakes can cause significant lost productivity, loss of raw materials, downtime or food safety or employee safety issues. The close proximity to processing equipment produces a loud work environment. Mechanics must communicate effectively with all operators and supervisors to obtain critical information and work within established procedures and guidelines for safe and efficient operations. Mechanics are exposed to heavy machinery, heat, humidity and strenuous work. The work is rather fast-paced and involves a considerable amount of climbing, lifting and reaching. This position requires weekend work with a flex schedule and work in excess of eight hours per day as business priorities dictate.