Henderson, NV | Full Time Temp to Hire
Are you looking for a full-time position where you will receive company support and training? A place where you can utilize your Maintenance Mechanic skills and learn new ones? If you are motivated, reliable and goal-oriented @Work has the right job for you. We are currently seeking for Maintenance Mechanics to work for a food manufacture in town. Our client runs all 3 shifts, so flexibility is a must. Must be able to work lots of overtime, weekends and holidays when needed.
Position Summary: Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, pneumatic, electrical/electronically controlled production equipment, pumps motors, code daters and high speed packaging equipment. Performs preventative maintenance on equipment on a specified schedule. Records repair and preventative maintenance data into a computerized maintenance management system for future troubleshooting use.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
• Obtains maintenance work orders from maintenance planner.
• Responds to maintenance machine repair calls when equipment is down.
• Trouble shoots problems and repairs equipment as necessary
• Monitors equipment throughout production run to ensure operation is within process parameters
• Performs preventative maintenance inspections and performs necessary repairs as necessary
• Communicates and works cooperatively with co-workers and operators to ensure that machinery issues are identified and corrected
• Performs daily housekeeping chores
• Works safely and performs daily safety checks on all equipment
• Works on assigned machinery rebuild projects as necessary
• Enters maintenance and preventative maintenance records in a computerized maintenance
management system (CMMS)
• Performs building maintenance projects as assigned
• Responsible for recognizing and reporting food safety and employee safety issues
• Performs other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Prior manufacturing maintenance experience is required. Preferably in a food or pharmaceutical industry.
Ability to read, verify and confirm all work orders, technical manuals, blueprints and instructions in a timely manner.
Must be able to perform basic math calculations and measurements.
Ability to follow technical manuals. Ability to recognize problems and determine a course of action such as making authorized corrections or knowing when to seek assistance from a supervisor or equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, lift, and reach with hands and arms. Employee is frequently required to crawl under tight spaces to reach problem area.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The area is somewhat dusty.
The floor area can be slippery at times.
The work area is oily.
The work area has higher heat and humidity than normal due oven and dryer repairs.