Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal/ Legal Assistant
Fort Lauderdale, FL | Full Time
Our Client, a prominent boutique law firm in Fort Lauderdale is hiring a self started, career minded individual!
The perfect candidate is a motivated, high energy, must possess excellent Time management and multi tasking skill.
Qualified candidates should have:
Strong foundation in all presuit procedures including: medical, medicare, and medicaid liens, medical records requests and demand procedures;
Litigation procedures including: e-filing procedures, litigation stages and processes, form and content of pleadings, discovery, and trial preparation.
Plaintiffs personal injury experience in handling Pre-Lit and Litigation personal injury files.
Nice to Haves:
Knowledge of the Aderant Total Office program and Westlaw, MS Office Suite
- Minimum two years experience in Personal Injury Litigation
- Presuit Procedures
- Demand Procedures
- Litigation Procedures
- Plaintiffs personal injury experience
- Scheduling, working knowledge of and circuit court filing systems, calendaring
- Familiarity with handling cases in County and Federal Court
- Must be organized and have a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently
- Legal Case Management experience a plus
Applicant should be a self-starter able to multi-task and be productive in a busy work environment and possess excellent client communication skills.
Duties may include handling new client intake calls, opening files, getting PIP claims opened, obtaining insurance info, working with doctors offices and preparing files for demand as well as litigation duties for cases which require being put into litigation.
Must work well with others.
Not easily distracted.
Prioritize work flow.