Planer Mill Operator - 2nd shift
MI | Full Time
- Sets up and operates power-fed facer or planer machine to surface and size steel. Operate crane to set steel.
- Selects and installs knives in cutter head according to work order, using wrenches and gauges.
- Turns handwheels to adjust table level, pressure bars, and feed rolls according to depth of cut and thickness of stock.
- Starts planer, and positions steel on conveyor or inserts steel between rolls that carry steel through planer.
- Inspects and feels planed steel to verify smoothness of cut and thickness of stock, using gauge and rule.
- May also sharpen cutters on abrasive wheel or stone.
- May also operate grinder to remove and defect.
- Must be a team Player
- Must be safety conscious
- Must be versatile to other roles when needed
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, 6 days per week.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
Hours: 2nd shift. Saturdays are mandatory, expect to work LOTS of overtime
Experience: Apprentice or Journeyman level preferred, with 3 years experience
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to inquire 586 204 2136