Quality Assurance - Mechanical Inspector
Ontario, CA | Full Time
Leading Electronic lab components and equipment R&D and Manufacturing company in Ontario, California seeks detail oriented and effective Mechanical Inspector to work in its Quality Assurance Department.
Primary Duties of the Mechanical Inspector - Quality Assurance
• Inspect machined parts, purchased parts, and assemblies
• Prepare written inspection reports, including AS9102 forms
• Responsible for writing NCRs
Candidate must have practical experience performing First Article Inspection Reports, in-process and final inspections on machined parts or assemblies to drawing or specification using visual and/or precision mechanical techniques and tools, including indicators, micrometers, microscope, performs advanced surface plate set-ups, records and reports inspection findings. The inspections will be performed to engineering requirements specified per ANSI Y14.S - Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) or equivalent. Read blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information, such as specified material, surface finish, and dimensions. Must be willing to work overtime as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some college or trade school education a plus
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- 2 years precision mechanical inspection experience
- Ability to use standard inspection tools, e.g., micrometers, calipers, microscope, CMM, VMM: OGP and height gauge
- Working knowledge of CMM, VMM, OGP operation, be able to program same.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and strong shop math skills including Trigonometry
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Functional knowledge of statistical process control (SPC)
- Provide own tools
We have work for You!