Rack Repair and Maintenance
Warren, MI | Full Time
Manage the repair of WIP and FG racks delivered to the rack repair work cell. This work will consist of both mechanical and welding activities. This job requires an individual who is detail oriented, has mechanical aptitude, and is able to maintain accurate records of work completed, is able to operate a MIG welder and can work autonomously. Supports the safety, quality and productivity objectives of the work cell and the business and maintains compliance with all environmental standards.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Repair WIP and FG racks within defined scopes of work.
- Maintain accurate records of racks serviced or repaired by rack number and type.
- Operate hand tools and welders as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical demands of the positon:
- Standing and walking continuously for 8-10 hours per day.
- Bending, grasping, turning, twisting and reaching continuously.
- Lifting 1-30 lbs. intermittently.
- Pushing and pulling intermittently.
- Computer skills; must be able to input data into a touch screen and Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to follow safe work practices and promote safety within the facility
- Dependability-requires being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations.
- Ability to follow instructions carefully, requiring basic reading skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Stress tolerance - requires accepting corrective criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Ability to use basic hand tools and a MIG welder.