Sterling Heights, MI | Full Time
Sales Coordinator is responsible for, and not limited to, helping facilitate the smooth operation of the Sales Department and to provide support to the Sales Team. Act as customer liaison. Keep all pertinent data in an up-to-date system and ensure that log books and records are maintained daily; Assist in solving customer problems; Assist AGS plants with proper documentation and customer support; Work with inter-office personnel, including but not limited to, Accounting, Engineering, Program Management, Quality, Material Control and IS departments.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support the Sales Team in the following daily activities:
Maintain internal quote system to include:
- Data entry of quotes
- Posting quote correspondence
- Posting quote approvals
- Tracking quotes to meet customer timelines
- Posting quotes submitted to customers
- Calculating quote values
- Closing quotes
- Updating sales quote tracking report
- Coordinate necessary documents for submission to customer
- QNC (Quoted, Not Contracted) Open EWO tracking
Support to maintain program specific price / part / purchase order tracking spreadsheets & customer files for Production and Service which would include:
- Data entry of daily purchase orders received to sales tracking sheets by customer.
- Data entry of monthly purchase order updates for nickel, copper and aluminum escalation / de-escalation.
- Data entry of quarterly purchase orders received for CRU and Scrap Indexing.
- Review engineering change requests for quoting needs.
- Maintain open commercial issues for account managers.
- Issue internal notifications of part and commercial changes.
- Maintain customer specific files as needed.
- Support account managers with miscellaneous customers or customer directed ship to locations.
Backup support for other sales coordinators as needed.
Process Improvements / Simplification
- Participate in team initiatives to simplify the various sales related processes
- Partner closely with Quality, Materials and Finance to identify process improvements and to eliminate duplication of effort and non-value add activities
College Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Customer experience preferred.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Strong teamwork and communication skills.
Ability to multi-task.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year