Sr. Maintenance Mechanic - Electrical - Welder
Coachella, CA | Full Time Direct Hire
Skilled Sr. Maintenance Mechanic - Electrical - Welder wanted for established Coachella packing company. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance programs within multiple facilities, overseeing all maintenance personnel and ensuring their compliance with established procedures. The Sr. Mechanic works with the operations management team to provide insight into productivity improvements, cost reduction, care of equipment, and proper maintenance record keeping. This role also manages the performance of all maintenance functions including, but not limited to, preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on all equipment throughout packing facility. FULL TIME DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and lead a team of maintenance personnel at assigned facilities
- Make recommendations to keep assets running at their top performance levels.
- Maintain equipment files, inventory and manage purchase and/or re-supply of components
- Work with outside vendors as to acquire parts
- Work with field operations managers, mechanics and director of field operations
- Manage approved capital expenditures and allocate costs accordingly, working within budget
- Conduct predictive analysis of all process systems and equipment
- Identify equipment malfunctions, generate work orders, determine proper repair procedures and assign personnel to task.
- Using 3-phase theory and wiring techniques, manage trouble-shooting, replacement of components and wiring, electric motors, as necessary PLC (Programmable Logic Controller).
- Interpret electrical schematics for control systems and be familiar with toning equipment for wire tracing
- Purchase the components and manage installation of simple conduit runs
- Manage troubleshooting and repairs of general air pneumatics
- Manage Maintenance of hydraulic systems
- Manage proper use power tools associated with metal machining
- Uses welder to fuse carbon steel and perform repairs
- Welds stainless steel or higher alloys or operates a TIG welder
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree, or the equivalent in related work experience
- Technical school focused on mechanical / maintenance / welding certifications a big plus
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in electrical, fabrication, PLC, and welding
- Seven or more years of progressive experience of maintenance
- Three or more years of management/supervisory experience overseeing multi-location teams preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide safe and regulatory compliant work conditions for employees
- Demonstrated ability to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English - Strong Bilingual Spanish a big plus
- Project management skills
- Strong PC Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT)
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Interested? submit your resume to Rudy Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Questions? Call 760-346-3945.
APPLY HERE: https://system.atwork.com/OnLineApp/
We have work for you!