Warehouse Shipping Receiving - Somerset NJ
Somerset, NJ | TEMP TO HIRE
We are seeking energetic, motivated and reliable Warehouse Workers for immediate openings on 1st shift. You will be responsible for providing warehouse support including: picking, packing, assembly, sorting, shipping and receiving of orders to meet the facility's productivity and quality demands.
Warehouse Worker - Warehouse General Labor - Laborer - Production - Shipping and Receiving – Processors – Equipment Operators, Material Handler, and Line Leaders
BASIC FUNCTION: To ship, receive, and deliver supplies, materials and equipment, maintain inventory control and records and maintain a clean warehouse; performs other duties as assigned.
This position involves lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Shipping and receiving. Typical duties: receive and unload freight manually; checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of parts; verifies items received with purchase orders; wraps, packages, and ships supplies; delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas; tags and issues supplies; stocks shelves and rotates inventory; may assemble and move furniture
- Inventory maintenance and clerical. Typical duties: participates in physical inventories (cycle counts)of warehouse and assembly area; maintains inventory records; operates a personal computer to access, enter, and correct information; answers phones and provides information regarding supplies, freight cost & box dimensions; may prepare damage claims for supervisor's review and signature; may coordinate disposal of surplus property and manage records retention.
- Maintaining a clean & organized warehouse
- Assist others in department where and when needed and performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQURIEMENTS FOR ENTRY:
Must have a High School Diploma/GED
Basic math skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Prior Shipping/Receiving Experience: storing, and shipping materials or supplies; operating material handling equipment; accessing information on a computer; reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness. Running the UPS system, filing out the FedEx & DHL forms
Ability to bend, stoop, lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds; stand and walk continuously throughout an 8 hour shift; clean and maintain a safe working environment.
Must speak, read & write in English
Prior Inventory & Quality Control a plus
Prior experience in export shipping a plus
- Since 1992, AtWork has built its core foundation around meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of its clients and employees. AtWork candidates are interviewed, screened, counseled, and evaluated for the skills that ensure the best possible match to our clients. Quite simply, we are AtWork for you!At AtWork, we are committed to assisting our employees on the road to professional success. We are a highly reputable organization with offices located across the country. We take care of our employees by offering a variety of benefit options. We work hard to find the best possible fit for you and our client. We offer bonuses and incentives as well as taking care to reward our employees.
At AtWork, we are committed to assisting our employees on the road to professional success. We are a highly reputable organization with offices located across the country. We take care of our employees by offering a variety of benefit options. We work hard to find the best possible fit for you and our client. We offer bonuses and incentives as well as taking care to reward our employees.
Benefits of the Warehouse Worker role include:
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee appreciation events
- Direct Deposit
- Software training and tutorials
- Resume assistance
- Interviewing tips