facilities maintenance technician
Sterling Heights, MI | Full Time
Location: Sterling Heights (plant)
Compensation: 18$ per hour+Monthly Bonus
2 weeks paid vacation, full medical/Dental/Vision
The Maintenance Worker will perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on Distribution Center building. Performs variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting , carpentry , HVAC , minor electrical , or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing the building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform routine, repetitive daily inspection and maintenance necessary to building exterior/interior
- Assists and performs with installation, maintenance, repair and construction work in the basic building maintenance trades, such as carpentry , painting , electrical , plumbing , carpet , and HVAC
- Assists and performs functions in the construction, installation and maintenance of ceilings, fixtures, framing, drywall, pipe cutting ect.
- Prepares and paints walls and woodwork or performs other types of refinish; installs or repairs flooring.
- Must have practical experience in HVAC
-Must have practical carpentry experience.
- Knowledge of manual and electrical hand tools
- Knowledge of carpentry tools and material
- Knowledge of HVAC tools and materials
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and standard safety procedures
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- 5 years combined of related employment in the areas of carpentry and HVAC
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment with exposure to weather extremes
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity to handle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspects of this position If this position requires lifting of 10lbs or more please specify
- This position is a temporary to permanent position. Meaning that you will be employed through a staffing agency for your first 90 days before being offered a permanent position with this company.
- Hours are Monday thru Friday typical 7a-3p
- This position offers full benefits package with 2 weeks paid vacation
- Location is at 18 ½ and VanDyke In Sterling Heights MI
- Sterling Heights, MI
- High school or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00+Monthly Bonus Eligibility
- Carpentry: 2 years
- HVAC: 2 years
For immediate consideration please call 586 204 2136