**Experienced Manufacturing Maintenance Tech Needed**
Asheville, NC | Full Time Temp to Hire
Central Asheville Manufacturing Facility seeking 2nd Shift Facilities Technician
Living Wage Certified Manufacturer with Excellent Benefits
Primary responsibilities for the facilities technician are to carry out the day to day facility requirements for both physical locations.
This will include tasks in multiple fields such as carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, HVAC, plumbing, phone and data and general project work as assigned .
- Maintain, repair and perform preventative maintenance on facility equipment.
- Run conduit, data, phone lines, air and water lines as required.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance such as replacement of fluorescent bulbs and ballasts, fuses, cords and cord caps, etc.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance such as replacement or repair of leaky drains and faucets, unclogging drains, replacing drain lines, etc.
- Perform day to day project work such as office equipment assembly and re-positioning, painting, picture hanging and a variety of other requests.
- Utilize PMXpert software program to work order parts and equipment for repairs and facility PM's.
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or other appropriate management personnel.
- Certification or Diploma in any trade such as plumbing, HVAC or welding preferred.
- Three years minimum work experience in an industrial or building maintenance setting.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Physically able to use man lifts and tools to run phone and data lines, water lines, air lines and conduit and to perform lighting and other facility pm procedures.
- Ability to operate mills, lathes, welders and other equipment preferred.
- Good computer, math and reading skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift sometimes at short notice.
- Detail oriented, have good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to stand for a long period of time and lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.