2nd Shift Line Lead
Allentown, PA 18106 | Full Time/Permanent
The Line Lead position is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and cleanliness of their assigned manufacturing line. The position is responsible for achieving production goals and maintaining run standards on their assigned line. The Line Lead will ensure that all food safety and conformance requirements are met. The position will also be responsible for enforcing all company policies with the staff assigned to their line. This is a 2nd shift position 330pm until 1am, with training on 1st from 7am until 430pm Monday through Friday with weekends during busy season.
- Oversee production on assigned line(s).
- Lead up to 30 packers, pickers and machine operators.
- Work on the line and assist packers/pickers/machine operators as needed.
- Communicate equipment issues/concerns to the maintenance staff.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area on and around the assigned line(s).
- Monitor material needs on the line and request replenishment of packaging materials at least on hour prior to the estimated time of need.
- Enforce all GMPs and safety regulations.
- Complete and review all production paperwork and ensure accurate production reporting.
- Monitor line efficiencies.
- Monitor product quality and conformance – interface with processing and quality as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must have a thorough understanding of English and the ability to utilize English in both verbal and written forms. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Basic understanding of math, ability to complete addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems.
- Ability to lift 30lbs and stand for 95% of work day.
- High school diploma or GED is desired.
Previous experience as a line lead preferred.