3rd Shift Forklift Operator
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Are you looking for an opportunity to join the automotive field but haven't found your big break yet? We have an opportunity for you!
We are working with a Tier 1 Automotive supplier that is seeking Forklift Operators. This company has committed to delivering high quality, high value products to our customers. For 60 years, they have stood behind our belief in quality, technology, and teamwork. They specialize in value added engineering, metal stamping, plating, painting, and bumper system design and assembly for the automotive industry.
Job Title: Forklift Operator
Shift: 3rd shift 9:00 PM - 5:30 AM
Type: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Compensation: $13.25/hr; $14.00 after 90 days
This is a union position that provides quarterly raises, B.C.B.S. medical/dental/vision.
Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility
- Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks or aircraft
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- Checking loads are secure
- Stacking empty pallets
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment
- Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Dumping materials into machine hoppers
- Must be able to pass a background check via OTIS.
- Must have at least 6 months of propane, sit down forklift experience
- Must have experience lifting racks and pallets.
- Must be familiar with production environment.
- Must be open to overtime hours and weekends.
How To Apply: For immediate consideration, please call Maria 586 550-8073