Account Payable Associate (SAP experience required)
Sacramento, CA | Contract to Hire
We are looking for A/P Associate to perform a variety of routine administrative accounting functions under general supervision in support of assigned department; invoice and reconcile accounts and payments.
This position is temp-to-hire position
- Codes and enters into computer system a variety of financial data; enter invoices and credit memos into ERP system; generates reports and queries.
- Reconciles, performs research to answer routine inquiries. Resolves questions and problems and escalate more complex issues to a higher level. Makes corrections, documents, and verifies accounts according to established procedures. Prepares journal entries. Monitors deadlines and due dates.
- Communicates with customers and vendors by way of telephone calls and emails.
- Types, sorts, copies, files, scans, and distributes a variety of documents including spreadsheets, records, reports, invoices and lists.
- Prepares and posts accounting entries and adjustments.
Required education & experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. plus 1 to 3 years of accounts payable work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. AA in Accounting or Business preferred.
- Experience with SAP or ERP system
- General knowledge of accounting principles/general ledger accounts/vendor statement reconciliations.
- Knowledge of personal computer software programs including Office suite, and specialized accounting systems software.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Strong analytical skills for making sound business decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, and develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with all customers.