Sacramento, CA | Contract to Hire
An established structural metal and steel manufacturing company is seeking a Payroll Associate.
Experience in construction industry is a plus.
This is a temp to hire position with salary $17 - $21 per hour commensurate experience
Main job Functions:
- Audit and manually calculate and input time card hours, and other hours paid, into payroll software; including computation of wage and overtime payments, and prevailing wages while maintaining compliance with established standards.
- Prepare time off requests and verify holiday, PTO, and sick time available from employee records, and maintain Attendance Records binder.
- Update and/or add new hires, terminations, deductions, direct deposit, wage changes, garnishments and liens, reimbursements, and other changes and updates.
- Manually process semi-monthly payroll following all company policies and procedures, and direct deposit reporting and transmission to bank. Review all reports for accuracy before submitting to Human Resources Manager and Department Managers for final approval.
- Setup, process, and maintain any and all wage garnishments and liens; including any on-line agency setup, payments, and posting.
- Process all employee reimbursements.
- Process all semi-monthly and quarterly payroll taxes; including payments and posting.
- Prepare W-2’s.
- Respond to employee questions regarding time card hour calculations and payroll checks.
- Prepare time card labels, spreadsheets, and reports as needed as they relate to payroll.
- Work closely with Human Resources Manager and Controller.
This position will also be responsible to perform some AR functions:
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger
- Obtain, review, and adhere to customer’s terms and conditions and/or contract provisions related to progress billing requirements; prepare and send customer invoices.
- Prepare payment applications, lien notices and waivers, affidavits, W-9’s and various other documents as required.
- Verify any discrepancies and resolve client billing issues, and process any charge backs and change orders.
- Setup new customer’s accounts and review and evaluate existing credit accounts via various customer account reports.