Account Reconciliation Analyst
Raleigh, NC 27616 | Full Time
The Account Reconciliation Analyst (ARA) works with company’s largest secured and unsecured customer accounts through day-to-day account support, root cause identification of claims and deductions for timely resolution. The successful candidate will have knowledge of internal systems, analysis, and research ability. This role focuses primarily on reconciling discrepancies by working customer accounts and is responsible for assisting in research to resolve discrepancies of shipped/billed product vs. collections, researching and validating eligible and non-eligible returns wo, and working cross functionally with other departments and/or vendors.
The ARA works with internal organizations (e.g. customer service, shipping & receiving, accounts receivable and payable) to analyze and validate discrepancies resulting from the misapplication of payments, mis-shipments of product, improper returns, pricing issues or other causes of non-payment or overpayment; determine actions for prompt resolution and/or escalation, and direct daily activities in order to improve efficiencies, reduce unnecessary costs, and improve quality of work, Success in this position requires taking ownership of issues to determine root causes while continuing a balanced relationship between the customer, and internal organizations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsibilities include the reconciliation of key accounts receivable within an assigned portfolio of the largest secured and unsecured customer accounts focused on account research and resolution of discrepancies- primarily shipments and returns.
- Researches customer assertions related to claims and deductions for timely resolution. Clearly and concisely communicates with all levels of internal and external management to resolve accounts receivable balances.
- Demonstrates subject matter expert knowledge of assigned portfolio of customers and dispute resolution within departmental systems,
- Accurately prepares and records dispute resolution information.
- Perform research, reconciliation and resolution of all account discrepancies that originate from customer error, sales error, vendor issues, etc.
- Analyzes customer account issues to determine root causes in order to contribute to continuous process improvements.
- Initiates changes that drive efficiencies while continuing a balanced relationship with all parties.
- before they become twelve (12) months old. Communicates and coordinates with other RFS team members as necessary for resolution of credit balances with customers.
Process Effectiveness and Efficiencies.
- Properly documents procedures to allow for adequate and efficient back-up coverage to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Recommend improvements to established procedures and processes.
- Other duties assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting/Finance (BS Preferred) and/or four years relevant working experience within credit and financial management disciplines.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, and timely follow-up skills with demonstrated abilities to work well within defined time restraints and pressure situations.
- Organization skills, time management skills and possess qualities of leadership, professionalism and teamwork.
- Must be proficient in computer software applications (Microsoft Office: Excel and Word) and demonstrated ability to learn mainframe applications.
- Must be extremely thorough, self-starter and disciplined to working with little or no supervision.
- Multi-tasking in a fast paced environment by introducing alternative financial solutions within predetermined risk parameters.
- Ability to sit a computer terminal for long periods of time
- Ability to be physically in attendance at workstation at designated company office location during normal business hours designated for the position.
- Ability to lift ten (10) pounds.
- Ability to travel up to ten percent (10%) of the time.
- An essential function for this position, based on business necessity, is that the employee must be physically in attendance at his/her workstation at the designated company office location during the normal business hours designated for the position