Accounting Assistant Dayton, NJ
Dayton, NJ 08810
his is a responsible non supervisory position. Duties include performing a variety of clerical and entry-level bookkeeping and accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records, and preparing financial, statistical, and/or technical reports.
Office Hours : 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
- Prepares, proofs, and types payrolls and other financial reports; makes routine cost distributions; posts subject accounts.
- Prepares and posts accounting documents, such as fees, receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expense accounts, and related operating reports.
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping or technical operations.Prepares and mails bills or statements, or prepares lists of outstanding bills payable.
- May perform secretarial functions as needed for assigned staff member(s).
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Assists in balancing accounts by running tapes, proofreading, etc.; prepares summary of balances, cost information, or other reports as requested for supervisor’s use in preparing financial statements.
- May proofread and post operations progress or other reports and make a monthly summary or recaps of such reports as needed.
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county, and state procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications - Quick Book, Word, Excel, Power Point, , bookkeeping theories and practices and accepted office procedures.
- May require the ability to type at a speed of at least 40 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduation or its equivalent, including courses in bookkeeping.
- At least one (1) years’ experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments involving advanced recordkeeping (directly related business school or college courses may be substituted equally for up to six (6) months’ experience); OR
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Apply online at www.njatwork.com and Call ASAP at 609-454-6786 to schedule your interview.