Miami, FL 33166 | Direct Hire
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising the accounting staff to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization. Tasks include, but not limited to;
- Responsible for supervising the accounting procedures of the company.
- Audits the work of the accounting department.
- Engages in critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
- Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
- Advises management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
- Ensures compliance with the financial procedures of the organization
- Works with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
- Ensures that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements.
- Maintains banking relationships
- Ensures the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assists in the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Works with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the work flow of the department.
- Interprets the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Provides training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Oversees the extension of credit to customers.
- Handles personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent business experience;
- 7+ years’ of accounting experience;
- High level of accuracy;
- Excellent mathematical background;
- Detailed oriented and very organized;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently;
- Problem solving and analytical talent;
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish a preferable;
- Excellent oral/written communication in both languages;
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through managing others;
- Proficient in MS Office software, SAGE (100 advanced ERP) software, and outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
- Benefit Package which includes the following:
- Medical (two plans to choose from),
- Dental, Vision, Life
- - X-mas Club savings with company’s 3% contribution
- - Paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick)
- - Career Advancement Opportunities