Automation Controls Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI | Full Time Direct Hire
The Automation Controls Engineer is responsible for activities related to process controls, installation, support, and testing of all equipment including robotics, assembly, on-line fixtures, conveyer systems, etc. on all new built machines in accordance with customer and company specifications. Work closely with integrator s to ensure all equipment and/or systems meet company and customer specifications.
- 5+ years experience with set-up, installation and troubleshooting electrical controls, process logic controls, and robotic systems.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical prints
- ability to understand pneumatic and hydraulic controls
- Knowledge of ABB and FANUC robots; Allen Bradley, SLC500, RSLogix 5000 (Including Safety Guard Logix) Factory Talk ME.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Understanding of Ethernet Networks and changing IP addresses of computers and other devices.
- Understanding of Ethernet/TCP and Device Net Communication protocols.
- Knowledge of safety circuits
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Windows & and Office
- Ensure that all safety devices function correctly.
- Oversee installation of new equipment and upgrading of existing and assist in the launch of production.
- Assist in or coordinate tooling adjustments. Train operators as applicable.
- Develop and co-ordinate continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality and quantity of products is produced.
- Perform or assist the repair or modification to wiring in control panel
- Propose design and assist/coordinate the assembly of robotic devices or systems
- Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety, and quality
- Ensure all electrical drawings are kept up to date (AutoCAD Electrical)
- Work closely with Corporate team members on various projects
- Assist maintenance department in supporting production
- Follow time line for projects Monitor and maintain spares inventory for all robots, assembly systems and all other systems in scope of support at plants.
- Use safety procedures in all work and according to company Health & Safety, Environmental and Housekeeping Policies
- Perform any other duties that may be specifically or generally assigned
- Work with and cover for Automation Controls Engineers/Technicians at other company locations when called upon.