Benefits and Payroll Specialist
8235 Santa Inez Way Buena Park, CA 90620 | Direct Hire
The Payroll & Benefits Analyst will be responsible and accountable for the processing of all US Payroll and Employee Benefits, ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations, regulatory filing deadlines, and Employee support requirements.
This position is responsible for overseeing the preparation, integrity, and disbursement of the Company’s biweekly payroll, as well as managing the Company’s Time & Attendance and Benefits Administration systems.
- Process and administer payroll system reporting and processing of payroll in a multi-state environment for 300+ employees
- Manage Time and Attendance system and timecards for additional temporary staff
- Monitor time & attendance of all employees; provide periodic time & attendance reports to leaders; notify HR Manager for any time & attendance issues.
- Reconcile and audit various payroll-related activities, investigate variances, and recommend corrective actions
- Manage year-end tax filing and process for all payroll adjustments
- Compiles statistical and payroll data from a variety of sources to create reports for both internal and external purposes
- Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, salary, supplements, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing
- Responsible to respond to UI, garnishment and employment verifications & etc. in a timely manner
- Coordinate Benefit processing
- Maintain group benefits data and prepare regular benefits reports
- Reconcile and audit benefits insurance invoices monthly
- Assist auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and /or information on internal process that is required for audit
- Work with 401(k) and annual census
- Research and respond to inquiries relating to payroll issues. Take appropriate action to identify and resolve problems. Works closely with Human Resources Management team.
- Monitor and maintain controls for the flexible benefits program and tax-sheltered annuities.
- Support improvement of payroll system; or data transfer or implement process if new HRIS is implemented
- Maintain HRIS System and run periodic reports to ensure data accuracy; resolve any discrepancies with HR team
- Resolve HRIS system issues, updates, changes, and system integrity
- Work closely with technical departments to implement process improvements, test system changes, and lead and/or collaborate on special projects
**Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus**