Bilingual Delivery Driver's Assistant
Winston Salem, NC 27101 | Full Time
A growing Winston-Salem company is looking for a warehouse worker/delivery driver's assistant to help unload boxes from trucks and checking in all delivered products.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- Team player.
- Able to maintain a fast pace.
- The purpose of this position is to assist the driver in completing delivery routes by unloading and checking in all delivered products. At all times the assistant must follow the direction and instruction of the driver.
- Must have proper equipment. … Steel Toe Boots, Safety Belt, Gloves, Clean & Untorn Clothing.
- Use of a Cell Phone or other electrical devices are not allowed during working hours. Except for emergencies or work.
- Must be well rested to carry out duties. Minimal sleeping while truck is on road.
- Every order gets checked in Case by Case, no exceptions (complete pallet must be counted Layer by Layer due to different layering by companies).
- You may be assigned to a different driver each day.
Upon Arrival and Prior to Leaving the Office
- Arrive at 5:45 unless notified differently, or 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Identify route at the check-in office.
- Text or call driver to tell him what door his trailer is at. (Phone numbers will be given to you).
- Load hand trucks, electric pallet jacks or manual pallet jack (supervisor will give out key). You have up to 10 minutes to do these things.
- Load Cooler Box, Dairy Pallets or Dairy Boxes (Verify Cooler Box belongs to the Route). Make sure you have all dairy products.
- Wait for driver in Break Room.
- Total time should not take more than 20-30 minutes from arrival to depart.
At the Store, Outside
- Assist driver with the directions to back in to the store if necessary.
- Make sure receiver opens back door or gate to building.
- Lower lift Gate, unfold gate, raise door.
- Prepare to unload the grocery items to the lift gate, either by hand truck or on the pallet.
- Locate the dairy items if in the cooler box and place on lift gate (driver will be assisting as well).
- Lower lift gate and begin to transport product inside along with the driver.
- Close gate on trailer and lock.
Back at the Office
- Take credits, damages, RA’s and returns, paperwork to be checked in inside.
- Open gate and get checked in with warehouse personnel, get signature.
- Unload Pallets, Cooler Box, totes, Plastic, and Product. Leave items at dock.
- Unload Pallet Jack, plug in electric Pallet Jack, lock up hand trucks and manual Pallet Jacks to the electric Pallet Jack.
- On Fridays the trailer is swept out by employees, maybe washed out.
5:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Some overtime may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour