Business Development Manager
Royal Oak, MI | Full Time
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Branch Manager
Supervises: [all contract associates]
Territory: Tri County Area
Great Career Opportunity!
If you’re seeking a career, a challenge, a chance to develop your talents and realize your ambitions, you’ve come to the right place. Tell us what you’re good at. Tell us what you can do and what you’d like to do. Then tell us how good you want to be.
Committed to making a positive contribution to @WORK PERSONNEL and its Clients; ensuring we deliver motivating, insightful strategies and powerful creative ideas that are excitingly and professionally implemented.
Working with the team a successful candidate will need to be a pro-active, go-getter who will hit the ground running. Working with a level of autonomy, you will be responsible for a number of high-profile clients across multiple industries.
- Work with Clients to create the best partnership conditions
- Tirelessly fight for the best candidates
- Welcome complexity and dissect it into manageable chunks
- Embrace and nurture great client retention
- Accept that change is good and necessary
- Do all this while remembering that the devil is in the detail
- Do all the above with one goal, to make things happen
The Business Development Manager is a contact point contact between the Agency and the Client and has the key responsibility for the day to day running of the account across all the departments in the Agency. The BDM is required to work across multiple lines of an account, developing and executing work which help our Clients to meet and exceed their business objectives. The B.D.M will lead the team with a can do attitude from strategy development through to delivery, meeting the agencies standards and exceeding the Client expectations.
- Responsible for the smooth week-by-week running of the accounts and the effective management of all Client projects
- Develops positive, proactive relationships with Client and Agency team creating a stimulating environment within which the best work can develop
- Develops people management skills by effectively delegate both up and down
We put great value on amazing employees and always want to keep them energized and growing.. At @WORK PERSONNEL, we’re passionate about supporting and training our employees to ensure everyone has the tools they need to excel throughout their career.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Exceptional Client management, with focus on developing Client relationships with the Client team built upon trust and mutual understanding
- Assisting Clients with the development of employee recruiting and retention plans and the establishment of long and short term business objectives and goals
- Day to day responsibility and representation of the Client business within the Agency with accountability for successful implementation of talent requisitions.
- A deep understanding of the Client’s business and of the key broader factors and trends shaping their markets and categories. Continually enhancing knowledge of the Client’s brand, products and market place and looking for opportunities to engage in broader business dialogue with Clients. Developing a deep awareness of current business news and issues facing their business and industry sector
- Rapidly resolving and problem solving Client and Agency issues if they occur
- Identifying, evaluating and monitoring effective recruiting opportunities
- Regularly seeking out ways to add value to the Client/Agency relationship
- Develop and present ideas that deliver against your Clients’ business objectives
- Be responsible for the quality and control of all the Agency outputs.
- Develop new business and drive organic growth
- Challenge yourself and your team every day to be better and look to deliver more
- Help drive a sense of pride in the Client for @WORK PERSONNEL work
- Develop and drive insightful employment tips and other strategies
- Evaluate and present creative work and effectively manage Client feedback
- Ultimate responsibility for the smooth running of the account, operationally, creatively and financially
- Lead by example and represent all the core values of the @WORK PERSONNEL
- Motivate your account team during difficult times and confront and resolve conflict successfully
- Create the best possible environment to produce solutions
- Be responsible for ensuring the team have the right time and resources to deliver within the Client’s time frame
- Create a continuous learning culture within the team to ensure continuous improvement in all team activities
- Build relationships with other departments (or network where appropriate) to provide quality Agency product
- Complete weekly timesheets and ensure all your team’s timesheets are up to date
- Ensure Client’s sign off on all terms and agreements and appropriate filing is being completed for tracking and compliance
- Be responsible for all projects being brought in on budget and profitably – ensure on going monitoring of all costs and reconciliations
- Ensure efficient internal resource allocation and management, through monitoring monthly reconciliations
- Responsible for maximizing the account’s billings and or income and for seeking out additional income opportunities and areas of growth
- Take overall day to day responsibility for financial matters on the account which includes proper and timely forecasting, management of the forecasting
- Contributes to the good financial management of the business improving profitability wherever possible
Further job Requirements
- Willingness to undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time
- A flexible attitude to the role’s working hours – role includes deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to the team delivering the best job
- Demonstrate innovative thinking coupled with flawless execution of tasks
- Be a dependable team player. Be personable and approachable
- Enthusiasm and dedication to supporting recruiters on client delivery
- The ability to multi-task, manage projects effectively and manage the expectations of others both internal and external is paramount
- Assertive, outgoing, confident with strong negotiation skills
- You will need to be flexible and determined to champion the values of the Agency. A passion for what you do is mandatory!
- Demonstrate good self-motivation, strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven track record in achieving results and growing accounts.
- Proven track record in managing, developing and leading a team
- Excellent organizational skills are paramount
- Proven track record in meeting Client’s expectation by means of impeccable project management
- Enthusiasm and dedication to supporting internal team
- Ability to listen and learn from others in every department you interact with
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 3+ years prior experience
- Comprehensive understanding of general sales practices (an industry board qualification – most desirable)
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office computer packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint