Kernersville, NC 27284 | Full Time
A Triad manufacturer is looking for a CNC machinist to Plan, devise, and fabricate various tools, dies, gauges, jigs, and fixtures to precise specifications.
- Vocational training, machinist or 5+ years of relevant experience.
- CNC mill, wire and RAM EDM equipment.
- Manual machining on mills, grinders and lathes.
- Ability to create CNC programs with CAM software using Gibbs CAM - G-Code
- Good communication skills, especially with others (team player).
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines needed to fabricate tooling.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as, but not limited to, lathes, manual mills, grinders, saws, etc.
- Operates CNC mill, wire and RAM EDM equipment.
- Creates CNC programs with CAM Software (Gibbs Cam).
- Verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications through the use of calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks, height gauges, etc.
- Operates from detailed blueprints yet able to conceptualize and fabricate specialty tooling and fixtures.
- Knowledge of metal characteristics and properties including heat-treating.
- Keep shop & equipment clean and organized using the 5S Principles.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.