Comercial Litigation Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 | Direct Hire
Fort Lauderdale based prominent law firm is looking for a motivated, high energy, career minded, legal assistant/paralegal for Commercial Litigation department.
The successful candidate will provide administrative and business support in all aspects of day to day operations for our Commercial Litigation department, and will administer and facilitate the daily high volume of communication flowing through our office.
- Working knowledge of Aderant Total Office (ATO) is a plus!
- Strong foundation in litigation procedures including: e-filing procedures, litigation stages and processes, form and content of pleadings, discovery, and trial preparation.
- Assist in preparation, formatting, and filing of all pleadings, notices, and motions in state and federal courts using e-filing systems.
- Prepare attorneys for hearings, depositions, and trial, including preparation of hearing and trial notebooks.
- Prepare written communications with clients, opposing counsel, vendors, and the judiciary.
- Maintain court dockets and court filings.
- Manage litigation deadlines and attorney calendars.
- Work independently to understand and complete deadlines, maintain procedures, and other litigation requirements in state and federal courts.
- Conduct legal research using Westlaw.
- Manage client files using Aderant Total Office