Commodity Sourcing Specialist
Rocklin, CA | Direct Hire
AtWork Staffing seeks a Commodity Sourcing Specialist for a DIRECT HIRE opportunity in the Roseville area. The successful Commodity Specialist will be responsible to handle all supply and sourcing operations related to the company machine components.
The Commodity Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for handling the Business unit’s sourcing operations, primarily for machining related commodities. The successful candidate will be able to evaluate and improve our sourcing activities by analyzing the units’ spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities for both NPI (new product introduction) and production requirements.
- Analyze and manage the company’s Machining supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
- Develop commodity strategies for all machine components and sub-assemblies, design a footprint for the commodity/sub-commodities, define roadmaps and be responsible for execution
- Identify savings and implement efficient sourcing strategies & drive cost effectiveness throughout the Supply Chain through Low Cost Country sourcing, supplier rationalization, value engineering etc.
- Develop & execute negotiation strategies along with the buyers, and secure profitable deals
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Research and anticipate business condition shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking, and provide appropriate support for Make/Buy decisions
- Able to estimate risks and apply risk-minimizing techniques
- Identify and collaborate with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Proven 6-8 years’ work experience in global sourcing or procurement, working with machine shops and fabrication environments, and from industries which are continuously growing and developing new products.
- Experience in Special Process application and validation (i.e. plating, paint, welding, heat treat)
- Familiarity with sourcing, vendor management, and work experience utilizing Oracle ERP software
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures/numbers and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions along with strong presentation skills
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Supply chain management
- Strong MS Office skills
Email or call Sukhy Dhillon at 916-791-3000 for immediate consideration.