Sterling Heights, MI 48314 | Direct Hire
The Automation Controls Engineer is responsible for activities related to process controls, installation, support, and testing of all equipment including robotics, assembly, on-line fixtures, conveyer systems, etc. on all new build machines in accordance with customer and client specifications. Work closely with integrators to ensure all equipment and/or system meet client and customer specifications.
* Ensure that all safety devices function correctly.
* Oversee installation of new equipment and upgrading of existing and assist in the launch of production.
* Assist in or coordinate tooling adjustments. Train operators as applicable.
* Develop and co-ordinate continuous improvement initiatives to improve quality and quantity of products is produced.
* Perform or assist the repair or modification to wiring in control panels
* Propose design and assist/coordinate the assembly of robotic devices or systems
* Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety, and quality
* Ensure all electrical drawings are kept up to date (AutoCAD Electrical)
* Work closely with Corporate team members on various projects
* Assist maintenance department in supporting production
* Follow timelines for projects
* Monitor and maintain spares inventory for all robots, assembly systems and all other systems in scope of support at plants.
* Use safety procedures in all work and according to client Health & Safety, Environmental and Housekeeping Policies
* Perform any other duties that may be specifically or generally assigned
* Work with and cover for Automation Controls Engineers/Technicians at other client facilities when called upon.
* 5+ year experience with set-up, install, and troubleshooting electrical controls, process logic controls, and robotic systems
* Ability to read and comprehend electrical prints
* Ability to understand pneumatic and hydraulic controls.
* Knowledge of ABB and FANUC robots; Allen Bradley SLC500, RSLogix 5000 (including Safety Guard Logix), Factory Talk ME.
* Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical.
* Understanding of Ethernet Networks and changing IP addresses of computers and other devices.
* Understanding of EthernetIP/TCP and Device Net Communication protocols.
* Knowledge of safety circuits
* Mechanical aptitude
* Proficient in Windows & and Office