Cost Accounting Clerk
Winston Salem, NC 27103
A Winston-Salem company is looking for a good Cost Accountant Clerk to work with AP Department to make sure invoices are correctly coded, to ensure accurate tracking and facilitate payment of expenses.
The Costing Clerk will be compiling data and computing fees and charges for processing and subsequent payment of vendor invoicing. The clerk will compute costs, calculate accurate rates for goods, services and shipment of goods, post data and keep records.
- Verify the accuracy of billing data
- Checking figures, postings and documents for correct entry listed on the invoice, and ensuring proper coding per standard operating procedures.
- Research and prepare itemized statements, bills or invoices, and record amounts due for purchased items or rendered services.
- Keep accurate records of sales orders, invoicing, purchase orders, and related supporting documentation.
- Resolution of discrepancies in costs prior to approving and processing invoices for payment.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and credit memos.
- Interacting with customers.
- Accurate computing of credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, etc.
- Reviewing sales orders, PO’s, packing slips, shipping manifests, etc., to ensure proper billing.
- Processing all invoices in an accurate and timely manner to ensure credit terms are met and customer receives any rebates due.
- Proficient in one of the following: ERP, SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards
- Strong proficiency in Office, especially Excel and Word
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with ability to consistently perform with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Associate's Degree in business-related field
- High School Diploma
- 2 or more years of experience in Inventory Costing
Mon – Fri
8 AM – 5 PM
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour