Dispatcher - Transportation
AUBURN, CA | Full Time Temp to Hire
Atwork Staffing is seeking a customer service oriented DISPATCHER for our client in the Auburn, CA area.
SHIFT HOURS are Wed-Sun 6:00 pm - 3:00 am
Under general direction of the Dispatch Manager, this position is responsible for coordinating and directing a company fleet of fuel and lubricant trucks and drivers to ensure that assigned fueling sites and customers are kept supplied with required fuel. This is the entry level role for position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to work under limited to no supervision.
- Must possess the ability to use discretion, independent judgment and creativity to ensure that all the sites and customers are supplied with fuel/product at appropriate time regardless of obstacles present.
- Must possess the ability to work calmly and methodically under pressure.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and high degree of creativity and flexibility.
- Use experience, specific knowledge and proprietary software to monitor and predict fuel level at responsible locations and build a driver dispatch. Must account for site history, traffic conditions, driver capability, market trend pricing and fuel availability and ensure that fuel is delivered where and when required.
- Must dispatch to ensure that drivers comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration hours of service laws, company procedures as well as state and federal laws.
- Maintain great relationship and communication with team members.
- Consistently report to work on time and in accordance with assigned work schedule.
- Ensure all transportation directives, policies and procedures are fully implemented.
- Cross-train and/or act as backup for other positions in the department.
- Adhere to all city, county, state and federal regulations.
- Communicate effectively with TMs in the other departments to resolve problems and provide information as needed.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
- Attend monthly dispatch meetings for the purpose of reviewing and resolving problems, concerns, safety procedures and SDS updates and information.
- Regularly assigned schedules may be altered to meet the needs of the Company based on department vacation/sick schedules. Hours and shift schedules may vary week by week based on business needs.
- Attending to business needs and the responsibilities of the position may require availability to answer and make calls, or to utilize company equipment and programs, on an as-needed basis, outside the scope of a normally defined shift.
- Stay familiar with company Handbook and company policies.
- Promote and support company image standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each of the above stated essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or technical school or a combination of education and related experience. Other education and/or experience may be considered as substitute. Ability to operate a personal computer with a general understanding of file management and Microsoft Office software.