Forklift Driver/Shipping & Receiving (1st & 2nd shift)
Santa Ana, CA | TEMP TO HIRE
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position receives, stores and distributes ingredients, materials, tools and equipment within the warehouse and to customer, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
1st Shift 8:30am-3pm
2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
**Full Time Job - 5 days a week, some weekend days, must be flexible to work 2 hours earlier or later
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Follow safety policies and report safety incidents right away.
- Follow all company GMP’s, Food Safety, and Food Quality rules and regulation as required.
- Must maintain a good safety forklift driving record.
- Must follow all warehouse programs, processes and work instructions.
- Must sign, date and complete all warehouse inventories, receiving and shipping documents.
- Must maintain a professional attitude.
- Must maintain inventory.
- Assist shipping and receiving with unloading and loading of trucks using SAP/RF.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, FIFO and product code.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for visitors and customers traffic.
- Label materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via SAP/RF programs.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Inspect and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Must wear PPE as required.
- Must follow directions from the Warehouse Team Leaders, Leads and Manager.
- Provides the correct materials and quantities for production as requested avoiding shorting any material when it is available.
- Transfer materials from and to Yale warehouse as needed.
- Must report any product damage to Warehouse Team Leader or designate and maintain a NO DAMAGE PRODUCT tolerance.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate ability to understand and take directions
- Must have good mathematical, technical, organizational and time management skills.
- Read, write and speak English. Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of forklift operator experience .
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience in shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trailers
- Able to use a pallet jack, rider jack (electric pallet jack) and forklift to load and unload trailers
- Inventory Control experience highly preferable
- Must possess or be able to be forklift certified
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and other shifts as needed
- Prior experience working with RF scanners and SAP is a plus
- Communication Proficiency.