Phoenix, AZ | Full Time
At Work Group is looking for experienced forklift drivers for a couple of clients in the Southwest Valley. 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts are available to start immediately!
Candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 years experience
- Able to pass a background
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast paced, labor intensive environment
Detailed Job Description
- Checks forklift for proper operation, fluid levels, safety equipment, and proper mechanical working condition prior to each shift.
- Obtains delivery schedule and loads correct products on trailers or boom trucks.
- Ensures that product is loaded with proper loading weight limits and proper positioning of product.
- Corresponds load sheets with actual product and ensures accuracy of each load.
- Operates forklifts in departments, production areas, and yard in a safe manner, always abiding by the speed limits and safety policies.
- Moves finished product out of production areas and properly stores product in the designated areas within the yard.
- Moves raw materials, equipment, and forms as requested.
- Ensures that yard is organized and kept in an orderly fashion.
- Stacks product properly in the appropriate areas and ensures product is stacked in a safe manner and considered secure from tipping or falling over.
- Uses wood, dunnage, spacers, etc. to stack product.
- Uses a variety of lifting devices to lift product with forklifts including, but not limited to, chains, pickers, and strong arms.
- Secures lifting devices properly when in use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Moves levers and controls that operate lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams and swivel-hooks, hoists, and elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, and stack material.
- Performs routine maintenance on vehicles and equipment, such as cleaning, recharging batteries and fueling.
- Signals workers to discharge or level materials.
- Receiving, sorting, and stocking inventory.
- Counting inventory and assisting where needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour