Job title: Hi-Lo / Forklift Driver
Pay: $20.00 /hr,
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Forklift Operators will be required to use a powered forklift. Forklifts primarily assigned to unload materials and supplies necessary for the plant operation; move racks / bins from a conveyor line to the storage yard; load both flatbed and box trucks for shipping using either portable loading ramps or operating off the ground.
* Work safely and responsibly and follow all safety policies and procedures
* Perform daily equipment checks and minor service maintenance
* Moving palletized materials throughout the storage facility
* Installs and re-supplies as necessary rolls of bagging film, rolls of stretch wrap, top sheet, pallets, bottom sheet, labels, and other consumables as needed.
* Follow shipping instructions and load trucks with proper materials to complete orders
* Move & stack pallets in the correct storage areas
* Lift and carry boards between pallets while stacking
* Align pallet stacks vertically and safely
* Must be able to wear steel-toed shoes and safety glasses
* Must be able to speak, comprehend, and read English
* Must be able to work safely in varying temperatures in production/warehouse workplace and outside year round
* Must be able to lift and carry 20-25 pounds regularly
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally
*Qualifications and Skills*
Must be willing to undergo a background and pass a written and a driven test.