Hiring Knowledgeable Bartenders -- Upscale Venue!
Cary, NC 27513 | Part Time
AtWork Personnel Services of Cary is recruiting front and back staff for an upscale restaurant with a focus on Chinese fine dishes. The restaurant seats over 200, including the restaurant, bar and outside patio. We strongly believe in teamwork with an extra focus on training and mentoring to ensure the success of all employees. Positions include: Bartenders, Cutters, Dishwashers, Hostesses, Line Cooks, and Servers
We are looking for a professional, high-energy bartenders with excellent communication skills to serve classical cocktails and exciting new beverages to our customers. The Bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food. You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
To succeed as a bartender, you should have a neat appearance and engaging, friendly personality. You should be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
Job Type: Part-Time
Pay Range: $5.00 – $6.00 +Tips
- Needs to be extremely motivated, hardworking, and energetic
- High volume kitchen and restaurant experience a plus but not required
- Be a quicker learner and exhibit proactive thinking with the ability to take the direction from management
- Be available, especially weekends and holidays
- Flexible scheduling with full and part time responsibilities
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Planning drink menus and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Taking inventory and ordering supplies to ensure bar and tables are well-stocked.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Developing new cocktail recipes.
- Required to have at least one year of experience in a restaurant
- Should have a neat appearance
- Engaging, friendly personality.
- Ability to be efficient, observant, knowledgeable, and personable.
- Able to move at fast pace
- Able to learn quickly
- Strong knowledge with wine/cocktail & other beverage
- Strong communication skills with the customers
- Willing to work as servers & bartenders are a plus
- Needed for all shifts
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screening
For Immediate Consideration
- Complete an online application -- www.atwork.com/cary
- Attach a current resume as a part of the application
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note we receive several hundred applications each week. We will only be able to contact candidates if you have relevant experience which meets the qualifications. However, if you have questions, please give us a call at (919) 454-2257 and will do our best to help you.
The AtWork Team
Open Monday through Friday
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Closed for lunch 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Interviews are scheduled by appointment to provide you excellent service!
AtWork Personnel Services of Cary provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AtWork Personnel of Cary complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.